21 July 2010

Apricots!

No recipes yet, just a late-night teaser (it's 1:16 here). After about two hours of sorting pictures from the beach, the last few weeks of cooking, and general summer activities, I only had energy to post one picture.




My sister and brother-in-law were gracious enough to let us go pick apricots in their garden a few weeks ago, and I've been thinking of ways to use them ever since. Most popular: apricot cobbler. Most fun: apricot/sausage pizza. There are some jars of apricot halves and apricot jam in the hall closet and some chutney waiting to be processed in the new-to-me boiling water canner I picked up recently.

We're down to a few handfuls of these fine fruit, and with company coming tomorrow, I think it'll be one last apricot cobbler (maybe with a handful of frozen blueberries thrown in?!). I'm not too sorry to say a final "good-bye" to them, especially when I'm pretty sure it'll be a tasty one!

2 comments:

  1. those look tasty! i have a crate of peach seconds in my kitchen that i'm cruising through. tonight it's a cheaters peach shortcake for small group. i also think that i'm going to dehydrate some of the ripe ones since i don't have time to can them tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. apricot and sausage sounds very tasty to me. yum.

    ReplyDelete