13 April 2010

Fish No. 3: Curry






Mmmmm . . . there's just something so satisfying about rustic mashed potatoes and fish! Especially if you put butter and cream cheese in those potatoes! Don't bother peeling them--I love the extra texture and ease. Last night I did the fish curry-style. I don't really have a curry recipe, I just get out the spices I want and start throwing them in like my friend from Bangladesh showed me. Curry powder? What's that? If I had to write it down, though . . .


Anita's Fish Curry
(4 servings)

2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 onion
few cloves garlic
1/4 tsp. (more or less) of:
cumin
coriander
turmeric
ginger
mustard

a smidgen (more or less) of:
cayenne pepper
cardamom
cinnamon
2 cups canned or fresh diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
4 fish fillets
cilantro


Instructions: Heat olive oil. Dice onion and add to oil, sauteing a few minutes. Crush garlic cloves and add to oil. Start throwing on spices. Stir and saute a few more minutes. Dump in tomatoes, crushing if they are whole. Simmer 5 minutes or so and add salt and pepper to taste. Place fish fillets in simmering mixture. Cover and cook until fish are white through and flake easily (I added mine frozen so it took about 15 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment