22 July 2011

German Chocolate Cheesecake



For a friend's birthday recently, I got together with two other women to create this concoction. We combined a few recipes: one for the dark chocolate cheesecake (just the filling), and another for the crust (I think) and German chocolate cake topping. Viola! The best of both cheesecake and German chocolate cake. And it was GOOD! Smooth (a food processor makes all the difference in my opinion), chocolate-y, and just plain yumminess in that topping of coconut and pecans.

You really gotta try this, especially with the help of two other friends. Makes the process so much more fun. The only thing I would do different is make MORE of the topping so it could kinda drizzle down the side. Mmmmmm . . .


2 comments:

  1. Wow--this looks super-yummy. For some reason I'm in the mood to bake (during the hottest time of the year???) so maybe I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have a birthday coming on...

    ReplyDelete