13 August 2009

Open Face

Summertime is sandwich-time around here. With big, juicy tomatoes hanging off the vines, what more do you need? A slice of bread, some light mayo and horseradish . . . that's that!

Today for lunch I did a variation on my classic tomato sandwich. Remember the walnut pesto I made two days ago? After all the work that went into it, I felt the individual ingredients got a little lost on the pasta. So I tried spreading some on a slice of toast and throwing it in the toaster oven for a few seconds. Y.U.M. You can see where this is going . . . add a slice or two of tomato . . .





And another open-faced sandwich from this week. Venison sloppy joes with another round of Sweet Zingy Slaw.




Got any great summertime sandwich ideas to share?

2 comments:

  1. Do you have rosemary in your herb garden? I love ham and melted swiss on a bagel with some of your fresh tomato and some rosemary sprinkled over the cheese. Mmmmm. Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, that DOES sound good! And I do have rosemary in the herb patch. Now, to round up the ham and cheese . . .

    ReplyDelete